General Psychology Research Participation Information Page
Thank you for being part of research at
Southern Arkansas University
This site contains a list of experiments that are currently recruiting participants. Look over the list to find one you are interested in, then sign up and show up!
NOTE: You may receive credit only once per experiment — you should not sign up for the same experiment twice. If you participate twice, you will receive only credit for one participation. Write down and remember which experiments you have participated in.
Keep track of your participation using the tracking form attached to your “Blue Sheet” distributed for your class. For your convenience, you may download the Blue Sheet from this page.
Instructions for participating:
- Sign up on the Sign-Up Page.
- Write down the name of the experiment, date, time, and location for the session you signed up for on the Blue Sheet tracking form, and put it in your calendar so you don’t forget.
- Go to the location of the experiment 5-10 minutes early so you are sure to be there on time. Once an experiment starts, it cannot be interrupted so if you’re late, you will be a no-show and lose that credit.
- If you get to the location and the experimenter is not there, then please fill out the No-Show Report form and the experimental pool administrator will follow up with the experimenter. If an experimenter is a no-show, you will still receive credit.
- If you have questions about the experiment or your credits, email the contact listed on the experiment’s Sign-Up page.
If you are under 18 years old, you will need to have a parent or guardian sign the Parental Permission form. Return it to your instructor.
If you have trouble signing up for experiments, or other issues, please email the system administrator at email@example.com
Finally, if you have questions or concerns about research participation, please contact the department chair, Dr. Deborah Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org)