Art & Seal: The Envelope Show
The concept is simple, artists create one of a kind art on envelopes of various shapes, sizes, colors and contained in each envelope will be a mystery inserted by the artist.
The deadline for submissions via email is January 3, 2019
ART SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & INSTRUCTIONS
1. CREATE THE WORK
- Create art work on the face of a flat envelope of any size, shape, or color. (Artwork must be all ages appropriate, nothing overtly sexual or violent.)
2. SUBMIT THE WORK via EMAIL
- Artists can submit up to 5 pieces. Email a photo / scan (1000 dpi wide) of each piece to firstname.lastname@example.org. The envelope your art is on must not exceed 12″ x 15″. Include with each submission the artist name, title, dimensions and rough price range. (Submissions will be voted on by the staff and based on the guidelines listed here.)
- The deadline for submissions via email is January 3, 2019 (DO NOT send the physical piece yet.)
- Once your submission is approved, we will email you a gallery agreement with more details to sign and return.
3. SEND THE WORK
- Conceal something in the envelope. (It can be another work of art, words of wisdom or some other wonderous thing. Nothing perishable, messy, or innapropriate please.)
- Close, but do not seal the contents in the envelope as our staff needs to screen each one first before sealing. Once we have inspected the art, we will seal the envelopes for you.
- Ship the art / envelope unframed in a safe package to the following address. (Sandwiched between two pieces of larger cardboard within another envelope.)
Nucleus (envelope show)
210 East Main St.
Alhambra CA 91801
- We must receive the work by January 11, 2019
Hastings College + Young Space – National Juried Exhibition
The Hastings College Jackson Dinsdale Art Center, in collaboration with Kate Mothes of Young Space, welcomes submissions for a national, juried exhibition March 1-28, 2019. Artists of every career stage and every medium are encouraged to apply. Artists must live and work in the U.S.
Kate Mothes is the founder of Young Space (yngspc.com), an independent, online and nomadic curatorial platform emphasizing contemporary art by emerging, early-career and student artists. Mothes is interested in alternative modes of art exhibition, education and experience, with an emphasis on artist-run initiatives.
The cost is $20 for four entries plus $5 for each additional entry, up to six entries total. Artists must live and work in the U.S. Submissions are accepted until midnight on Thursday, January 31, 2019.
- To pay the application fee, click here. (You will be taken to our Alumni website that facilitates payments to securely pay your application fee.)
- Send artwork images to: email@example.com. Please use your last name as the subject line.
- Image titles should be formatted as such: LastName_FirstName_Title.jpg and should be at least 100 dpi and 1000 pixels in the shortest direction. Detail images are welcome.
- Artists will receive acceptance notification by Friday, February 2, 2019, and will receive a JDAC Gallery Agreement with further instructions.
- Artwork must be delivered to the gallery by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, February 26, 2019. The artist is responsible for all shipping costs.
- The Jackson Dinsdale Art Center will insure the material cost of each work exhibited.
- The Artist may, but is not required to, list works for sale; the JDAC Galleries keep a 25% commission.
- Application and commission fees benefit the Visiting Artist fund and the JDAC galleries’ operating budget.
2019 BLOOM! Juried Exhibit @ the RW Norton Gallery in Shreveport
Submission Deadline: 3 February 2019
This spring, an explosion of color will rock the Norton inside and out. Just as our botanical gardens burst forth with blossoms, our annual BLOOM! Exhibit will bestow upon us and exhibit of canvases crowded with pigmented petals. We invite all artists, local, regional, and national to submit to this exhibit. The rules, regulations and application can be found below.
For any questions please contact Emily Feazel at firstname.lastname@example.org or (318)865-4201 ext 130.